The SICAM Power Automation System meets all the demands placed on a distributed substation control system. It features user interfaces for the integration of system-specific tasks and offers multiple automation options.
SICAM PAS can be easily included in existing systems and used for system integration, too. With modern diagnostics, it optimally supports commissioning and maintenance.
SICAM PAS is clearly structured and reliable, thanks to its open, fully documented and tested system.
- is suitable for operating a substation not only from one single station level computer, but also in combination with further SICAM PAS or other station control units
- controls and registers the process data for all devices of a substation, within the scope of the data transfer protocols supported
- enables integration of a fully graphical process visualization system directly in the substation
- simplifies installation and parametrization of new devices, thanks to its intuitive user interface
- is notable for its online parameter setting features, particularly when the system has to be expanded. There are no generation times; loading into a target system is not required at all or only required if configuration is performed on a separate engineering PC
Check out our reference map | See clients that we’ve installed SICAM PAS for.
SICAM PAS works on industrial-standard hardware with the Microsoft Windows operating systems. The advantages of this platform are low hardware and software costs, ease of operation, scalability, flexibility and constantly available support.
In a substation various types of protection units, IEDs, bay control units, measured-value recorders and telecontrol units from a wide range of manufacturers may be used. The system offers a large number of communication protocols to record data from these devices.
SICAM PAS is developed in accordance with selected security standards and meets modern demands placed on safe communication. Asymmetric encryption enables tap-proof communication connection to higher-level control centers with IEC 60870-5-104 and DNP V3.00 via TCP/IP.