Power Automation Systems
The SICAM PAS (Power Automation System) meets all the demands placed on a distributed substation control system. It features user interfaces for the integration of system-specific tasks and offers multiple automation options.
SICAM PAS can be easily included in existing systems and used for system integration, too. With modern diagnostics, it optimally supports commissioning and maintenance. SICAM PAS is clearly structured and reliable, thanks to its open, fully documented and tested architecture.
- can operate a substation not only from a single station-level computer, but also in combination with other SICAM PAS or station control units;
- controls and registers the process data for all devices in a substation, within the scope of the supported data transfer protocols;
- enables integration of a fully graphical process visualization system directly in the substation;
- simplifies installation and parametrization of new devices, thanks to its intuitive user interface;
- is notable for its online parameter setting features, particularly when the system has to be expanded. There are no compilation delays, i.e. loading into a target system is not required at all or only required if the configuration is performed on a separate engineering PC.
SICAM PAS details:
SICAM PAS works on industrial-standard hardware with the Microsoft Windows operating system. The advantages of this platform are low hardware and software costs, ease of operation, scalability, flexibility and constantly available support.
Substations use various types of protection units, IEDs, bay control units, measured-value recorders and telecontrol units from a wide range of manufacturers. SICAM PAS offers numerous communication protocols to record data from these devices.
SICAM PAS is developed in accordance with security standards and meets modern demands placed on safe communication. Asymmetric encryption enables tap-proof communication connection to higher-level control centres with IEC 60870-5-104 and DNP V3.00 via TCP/IP.